Freelance Production Designer
Brave New Day is on the hunt for a creative, thoughtful, efficient and expeditious production designer for ongoing freelance work, with the possibility for growth. Our ideal candidate has experience in sports lifestyle, apparel, product, retail, and/or environmental production design. Must know how to communicate clearly, present ideas well, and weave excellence out of thin air. MUST be self-motivated and have a passionate attention to detail. Needs to possess top-notch professionalism and time management skills, especially amid a fluid ever-changing creative environment.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Following creative direction to produce multiple options for compelling results in both print and digital deliverables, on time and within budget
- Following creative direction to create multiple size and venue formats for prescribed creative applications quickly and in a highly organized fashion.
- Collaborating fluidly with creative team on ideation, exploration, concept development, and final execution in both print and digital deliverables
- Maintaining consistent communication with Account Manager(s) to ensure that all milestones and expectations are being met within scope boundaries
- Self-tracking time for hourly billing to BND
Key Requirements and Essential Skills:
- Minimum one year experience in graphic and/or production design, with demonstrated results in both print and digital visual communications
- Proven expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Demonstrated high degree of proficiency in typography and visual composition is essential
- Local to Portland metro area, with ability to work in BND office on short notice as needed; ability to work remotely is a bonus, but not necessary
- Must have strong organizational skills and hold a strong overview of the project and take responsibility for key elements
- Approach work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on best results
- Calmness and coolness in the face of tight situations, timelines, and expectations
- Flexibility to work with ever-changing timelines and deliverable details within strict global deadlines and scope/budget
If you’re interested in applying, please email [email protected] with a URL link or PDF of the best of your best work, a resume, a list of professional references, and cover letter explaining how you are good fit for our team. Let us know a little bit about your process and how you like to approach projects of various scale and scope.
Please provide your freelance rate.Apply